The social inclusion that stems from culture must address some crucial questions, which take different forms according to gender, age and minorities.
The aforementioned questions are:
- The removal of physical barriers limiting access
- The digitalisation of cultural heritage, in order to make it known and accessible to a wide public
- The dissemination of information about heritage, in order to reach also minorities, the elderly, etc. providing the tools to get to know and engage with the heritage.
We ought to ask ourselves if, and how, a minority (ethnic, gender, etc.) could understand, engage and identify with a story, and how different identities are respected in the process of heritage.
This regards the role of community:
- In the production of new cultural contents through the process of heritage,
- The democratic governance of the process of interpretation of heritage.